Covid Protocols, Procedures and Preventive for Covid-19. Click Here to Read More.
Pelican Reef Villas is pleased to announce that the resort has achieved the “Tourism Gold Standard” Certificate of Recognition. The resort is reopened and accepting overnight reservations effective October 1, 2020. The resorts dining establishments, Pelican Nest Grill and Pelican Roost Bar, as well as the resort pool and beach will be open solely for guests while adhering to enhanced protocols and social distancing guidelines.
The safety and well being of our guests and staff remain the utmost priority. We are fully dedicated to operating at the highest standards through a “tourism safe corridor” 9-point program https://belizetourismboard.org/industry-sectors/tourism-gold-standard-hotels/. With intensified hygiene and safety measures across all major touch points and guestrooms, and in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Belize Tourism Board and health officials, PRV is ensuring the comfort and safety of all guests and visitors.
- Enhanced room cleaning and sanitization of high touch objects and surfaces such as: tables, drawer/door handles, switches, safety box, TV control, room keys, etc. In addition, guest’s luggage will be sanitized following its handling by our team.
- The frequency of room cleaning will be tailored to guest’s individual needs and not offered daily so as to minimize risk of exposure. Bed linens, towels and bath rugs will be washed in accordance with guidelines at our own laundry facility.
- We will avoid back-to-back usage of rooms to allow for deeper sanitation practices and changing of pillow protectors and mattress pads between each guest.
- Some room amenities will be reduced, but all services will be available upon request.
- Regular cleaning of all air filters and air conditioning systems.
- Guest Service Guides will be temporarily removed.
- Hand Sanitizing stations placed across property
- Deep cleaning of frequently handled surfaces, equipment or objects
- Chaise loungers/cushions, chairs and tables will be sanitized after each guest and separated respecting social distancing.
- Social distancing of at least 2 meters/6 feet from individuals and groups of people that they are not traveling with.
- Facemasks are required while in public spaces.
- After each service, the Guest Service Manager will clean and disinfect all objects, equipment and surfaces that have been in contact with the guest.
- The Guest Service staff will use sanitizer or wash their hands with soap and water after each contact with a guest.
- Daily temperature checks will be taken from staff and actions taken accordingly.
- The use of proper PPE is mandatory for all staff.
- Detailed cleaning procedures and checklist in all areas will be followed and closely monitored.
U.S./BELIZE BORDER UPDATE
Presently, Belize has instituted a temporary travel ban on persons who have travelled to or originated from or have transited the Republic of India and the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. The temporary ban is due to the rising numbers of persons in these countries infected with the COVID-19 virus.
Prior to Arrival:
- Effective August 9th, 2021 all travellers, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, entering Belize from other countries will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test.
- All travellers entering Belize at the Philip Goldson International Airport (PGIA) will be required to present a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours of travel or a negative result from any approved Antigen Rapid Test taken within 48 hours of travel. If no test is presented, a COVID-19 test will be administered at the airport for a fee of USD $50 per passenger. Children under the age of 5 years will not be required to present a negative test; but children 5 years and older will be required to present a negative test.
- All travellers entering Belize through the Northern and Western Borders will be administered a Rapid Test for COVID-19 by the Ministry of Health and Wellness, at their own expense. No external COVID-19 PCR or Rapid Test will be accepted at these points of entry.
- Have your printed COVID test results and passport ready to present. Please make sure you bring a printed copy of your test results with you, viewing digital results on your phone will not suffice. If you did not take a test please be prepared to pay US$50 for a Rapid Test.
Movement within the Country:
- White it’s true that you can move and explore freely around the island and country, the Belize Tourism Board still recommends staying within the Tourism Safety Corridor where enhanced safety and cleaning protocols have been implemented and approved with a Gold Standard Medal, we want you to know that we remain solid to our commitment in continuing to provide the unparalleled service that we are BEST known for and are here to guide you every step of the way to ensure the most memorable vacation possible.
- You must wear a mask at all times and and practice social distancing. You do not have to wear your mask on a golf cart or when seated at your table at bar/restaurants or while you are in the water.