Covid Protocols, Procedures and Preventive for Covid-19. Click Here to Read More.
Pelican Reef Villas is pleased to announce that the resort has achieved the “Tourism Gold Standard” Certificate of Recognition. The resort is reopened and accepting overnight reservations effective October 1, 2020. The resorts dining establishments, Pelican Nest Grill and Pelican Roost Bar, as well as the resort pool and beach will be open solely for guests while adhering to enhanced protocols and social distancing guidelines.
The safety and well being of our guests and staff remain the utmost priority. We are fully dedicated to operating at the highest standards through a “tourism safe corridor” 9-point program https://belizetourismboard.org/industry-sectors/tourism-gold-standard-hotels/. With intensified hygiene and safety measures across all major touch points and guestrooms, and in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Belize Tourism Board and health officials, PRV is ensuring the comfort and safety of all guests and visitors.
- Enhanced room cleaning and sanitization of high touch objects and surfaces such as: tables, drawer/door handles, switches, safety box, TV control, room keys, etc. In addition, guest’s luggage will be sanitized following its handling by our team.
- The frequency of room cleaning will be tailored to guest’s individual needs and not offered daily so as to minimize risk of exposure. Bed linens, towels and bath rugs will be washed in accordance with guidelines at our own laundry facility.
- We will avoid back-to-back usage of rooms to allow for deeper sanitation practices and changing of pillow protectors and mattress pads between each guest.
- Some room amenities will be reduced, but all services will be available upon request.
- Regular cleaning of all air filters and air conditioning systems.
- Guest Service Guides will be temporarily removed.
- Hand Sanitizing stations placed across property
- Deep cleaning of frequently handled surfaces, equipment or objects
- Chaise loungers/cushions, chairs and tables will be sanitized after each guest and separated respecting social distancing.
- Social distancing of at least 2 meters/6 feet from individuals and groups of people that they are not traveling with.
- Facemasks are required while in public spaces.
- After each service, the Guest Service Manager will clean and disinfect all objects, equipment and surfaces that have been in contact with the guest.
- The Guest Service staff will use sanitizer or wash their hands with soap and water after each contact with a guest.
- Daily temperature checks will be taken from staff and actions taken accordingly.
- The use of proper PPE is mandatory for all staff.
- Detailed cleaning procedures and checklist in all areas will be followed and closely monitored.
U.S./BELIZE BORDER UPDATE
According to the latest communication from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Ministry of Health all foreign visitors must be cleared for entry to Belize.
Prior to Arrival:
- Download Belize Health App and complete required information, available for both Apple and Android. Do not do this more than 72-hours prior to arrival or else your code will be expired and you will have to re-enter all of your information. Take a screen shot of your QR Code in case your phone has connectivity issues when you arrive to Belize.
- Take a PCR test within 72 hours of arriving into Belize, as a negative result will provide a “fast track” arrival process. If test is NOT taken prior to arrival, you will be subject to testing upon entry to Belize at your expense (US$50).
- Have your QR Code from Belize Health App, printed PCR test results, and passport ready to present. Please make sure you bring a printed copy of your PCR results with you, viewing digital results on your phone will not suffice. If you did not take a PCR test within 72 hours of your arrival into Belize please be prepared to pay US$50 for a Rapid Test.
Movement within the Country:
- White it’s true that you can move and explore freely around the island and country, the Belize Tourism Board still recommends staying within the Tourism Safety Corridor where enhanced safety and cleaning protocols have been implemented and approved with a Gold Standard Medal, we want you to know that we remain solid to our commitment in continuing to provide the unparalleled service that we are BEST known for and are here to guide you every step of the way to ensure the most memorable vacation possible.